There’s nothing more fulfilling than being able to age in place. You or your senior loved one probably wish for this kind of thing as you live out your golden years. However, not everyone can have this opportunity, especially older adults with health conditions and medical needs.
But thanks to the ever-evolving elder care industry, seniors who require health services can now receive them at home. This is through a care option called home health care services.
Here is everything you need to know about home health care so you can decide whether it’s the best choice for you or an aging loved one.
What Is Home Health Care?
In its simplest definition, home health care is precisely as it sounds一health care services provided in the comforts of your own home. This kind of care option offers medical support and skilled care services to clients with chronic illnesses or those recovering from temporary conditions.
Home health care can also include non-medical services depending on the client’s needs. This consists of a wide range of services provided to clients living in their residential home or senior facility.
Generally, this comprehensive care option aims to increase a senior’s quality of life by:
- Helping them recover from their illness or injury.
- Maintaining or regaining their independence.
- Slowing down their health decline.
- Ensuring that their health is at its most optimal state.
- Helping seniors and loved ones learn how to live with an illness or disability.
What Services Does It Provide?
At Care Assist Services, we provide an individualized care plan for clients under a home care health program. Some of the services we provide include the following:
- Daily monitoring of health, illness, or injury.
- Assistance activities of daily living (e.g., personal care, mobility).
- Support with instrumental activities of daily living (e.g., running necessary errands, meal preparation).
- Medical services, such as injections, wound cleaning, and nutrition therapy.
- Medication reminders and administration.
- Coordination with other healthcare professionals who also provide care to the senior client (e.g., physical therapist).
Trained caregivers and health aides also provide companionship on top of medical and social services. Additionally, they also create a nurturing environment so clients can reach their full potential.
Who Can Benefit from Home Care Health Services?
People of all ages who need additional care while living in their homes can use home health care. But mainly, seniors and older adults benefit the most from such services. Specifically the following:
- Aging adults who got released from the hospital but still need extra care to recover.
- Seniors with chronic illnesses, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Seniors with an injury, disability, or a temporary condition.
- Individuals who just need additional care in their home, whether it’s in an assisted facility or nursing home.
Families and loved ones of seniors can also benefit from home health care services. For one, qualified providers or agencies make it a point to educate families about the client’s health conditions. Moreover, they teach loved ones how to provide the best care for their aging loved ones.
Who Can Provide These Services?
Different kinds of care professionals and clinicians can provide home care health services. It all depends on the medical and social services your senior requires.
At Care Assist Services, personal and home care are primarily provided by trained home care aides. At the same time, a skilled caregiver can oversee basic health needs, such as PT exercises and mobility.
Additionally, we also provide registered nurses (RN) or certified nursing assistants (CNA) to handle our clients’ medical needs and treatments.
When Does Home Health Care Begin?
You, your senior loved one, or their doctor can initiate a home care health service. However, if you plan to get the services covered by Medicare, you need a doctor to prescribe them to your aging loved one.
You can still get such services even without the recommendation of a doctor. For example, if your senior desires to get home care health services, you can contact accredited home care agencies like Care Assist Services.
How Long Does It Last?
There’s no specific amount of time since it all depends on the client’s unique needs. For example, some programs may only last for weeks, especially for seniors with temporary conditions. But for aging adults who need hands-on attention and care, it usually lasts for a lifetime.
Why Should I Choose Care Assist Services?
At Care Assist Services, we believe that individuals will thrive better in a familiar and nurturing environment, such as their own home. So, we aim to make a difference in the day-to-day lives of our senior clients by meeting and exceeding their physical, mental, and emotional needs.
It is always more than just making meals and administering medications. For us, it takes trust, compassion, and personal attention to truly improve one’s quality of life.
Learn more about home care health services by giving us a call at 949-755-0709. You can also visit our website at Care Assist Services to know more about our services or to get a comprehensive health assessment.